An invoice is an important document for all parties in a transaction, as it serves as a record of the transaction between the parties. Invoicing clients overseas may be complicated and even with the advancement of technology, it is important for businesses to ensure that their invoicing methods are in line with local regulations. INS Global is able to assist your enterprise when invoicing clients who are based in France.
E-invoicing in France
With the whole world moving towards e-invoicing, the French government has also provided for a phased introduction of e-invoicing in business-to-business transactions. The launch of the mandatory e-invoicing scheme is set to be implemented between January 2023 and January 2025 (at latest). The implementation of e-invoices comes with an additional requirement of transmitting the data and information of the e-invoice to French authorities.
Under current regulations, France is subject to the e-invoicing laws set by the European Union (EU), as it is a member state. The position according to EU laws is that member states are not able to enforce a mandatory system of e-invoicing, and that it is dependent on the whether the recipient agrees to receiving an e-invoice.
What an Invoice in France Must Contain
When invoicing a client in France the invoice must contain the following information:
- Date of issuance
- Invoice number
- Date of sale or delivery of performance
- Purchase order number
- Name and address of the seller
- Name and registered address of the buyer
- VAT amount
- Total amount due excluding tax
- Total amount due including tax
- Description of the goods or services provided
*Note: failure to include obligatory information or any material element necessary to the invoice, may result in an administrative penalty being imposed.
Advantages of Outsourcing Your Invoicing Process
By outsourcing your client invoicing procedure, your business gains a number of distinct advantages, such as:
- Compliance – our system ensures that your clients are invoiced in accordance with local regulations. Furthermore, we ensure that the invoice and procedure are in line with the standards and norms of invoices issued in France.
- Efficient Record Keeping – INS Global has a well-organized system of invoicing and record keeping, with easy access for ease of reference.
- Reduction in Costs – in certain instances, international transactions could end up being costly if the correct procedures are not adhered to.
- Payment – payment can be made in different currencies such as EUR, USD or CNY, in order to simplify the transaction for our clients.
As one of the world’s leading HR solutions firms, our experts have implemented an efficient process to ensure the best quality of service delivery. Our process is reliable and simplifies invoicing clients in France.
Our team is able to assist your business with the preparation of invoices, any adjustments that need to be made based on your needs, processing the payment, and issuing of the necessary tax receipts. We have also implemented a standard management fee which is based on the total invoice amount, without any hidden or extra withholding costs.
INS Global in France
With a continually growing presence in Europe, INS Global has always been focused on excelling in France. Our team of experts has extensive knowledge on local processes and regulation, ensuring your business can focus primarily on service delivery. We offer a range of different HR solutions such as our PEO solution, which enables you to hire staff in France without setting up an entity, recruiting top talent and many more. Get in touch with us right away and let INS Global simplify your global expansion.