• fr
  • de
  • es
Visa for Cambodia

Cambodia, located in Southeast Asia, has a deeply rich culture and history, which has in recent times attracted many. Due to globalization, Cambodia is becoming an increasingly popular place for people to travel to. In order to visit, work or do business in Cambodia, it is necessary to obtain the proper visa in order to do so legally.


Visas in Cambodia
E- class visa (business visa)
EB visa (working visa)
Work permit
Employment card
INS Global can help you

E- class visa (business visa) for Cambodia

Any foreign national who wishes to remain in Cambodia for an extended period is required to obtain an E-class visa (also known as a business visa). The E-class visa is valid for a period of 30 days, however it can be extended for a period of either 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year (maximum). The 1 and 3 month visas are single entry visas, while the 6 month and 1-year visa allows for multiple entries. The requirements to obtain an E-visa are as follows:

  • A valid job offer, from an employer who is able to employ foreign nationals legally in Cambodia;
  • A valid passport, which is valid for at least 6 months;
  • The foreign national must have entered Cambodia legally;
  • The foreign national must have the right to reside in Cambodia;
  • The foreign national must meet the correct physical qualifications for the job; and
  • Be fit and healthy, with no transmissible disease.

Those who would like to apply for an extension can do so at the immigration department of the Ministry of Interior.

For an extension of the E-visa the following is required:

  • A passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the time of application;
  • 1 photo (passport size);
  • At least one blank page in your passport; and
  • Renewal fee.

EB visa (working visa) for Cambodia

The EB visa is the common type of visa for foreign nationals who:

  1. Intend on working in Cambodia;
  2. Would like to establish an enterprise in Cambodia;
  3. Intend on doing freelance work;
  4. Are spouses or dependents of foreigners employed in Cambodia; or
  5. Want to stay in Cambodia for more than a month.

An EB visa can be regarded as the work visa in Cambodia. The EB visa by itself does not give foreigners the right to work in Cambodia, in order to work legally foreign nationals are required to obtain a work permit and an employment card.

The employing company generally makes the application on behalf of the foreign employee. Due to the quota system in place companies, both foreign and locally owned, are limited in the amount of foreigners they are able to employ.

Work permit

According to the labor and immigration law of Cambodia, all foreign workers or business owners in Cambodia are required to obtain a valid work permit. The work permit serves as official approval to work or carry out business legally in Cambodia.

A work permit is issued by the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (MOLVT) and is issued for a period of one year, however it is only valid until December 31 of the year it was issued. Renewal of a work permit needs to occur between January 1 and March 31. If one does not apply for the renewal of the work permit, they will be subject to a late penalty. The penalty starts from April 1st unless otherwise stated by the MOLVT. The processing time is between 15 and 20 working days after all relevant documentation has been submitted.

Employment card

The employment card is a separate card which contains the employment history of a foreign national in Cambodia. An employment card is valid for one year, and similarly to the work permit, it must be renewed before March 31 each year.

INS Global can help you

If your enterprise is looking to hire employees in Cambodia, INS Global can assist with the entire onboarding process, including visa sponsorship. Our team of experts is well equipped to ensure your employees are hired in compliance with all Cambodian regulations. INS Global has expertise in all HR fields, including recruitment, company incorporation and PEO. Let us take care of your needs today.

Let's talk